Fater is an Italian company, a joint venture between Procter & Gamble and Angelini Group. In Italy it has been expanding the market of personal hygiene products since the late ’60 and it now produces and sells brand products such as Pampers, LINES, LINES Specialist and Tampax. Since 2013 it manufactures and distributes the brand products ACE, Neoblanc and Comet in 38 countries in Western Europe, the Central and Eastern European markets and Middle Eastern markets; Fater is a dynamic company that invests in innovation around 4% of its annual turnover. Consumer and market knowledge shared competencies and search for efficiency are the drivers of growth in the long run. Our headquarters are in Pescara. Our production plants are in Pescara and Campochiaro in Italy, in Porto, Portugal and in Gebze, Turkey.
We are looking for a R&D Scientist to join our Technology Innovation team in Pescara (Italy). Research and Development is part of our Technology Innovation organization, which is the department dedicated to ideate, design, develop and industrialize products commercialized by the company.
The person will work on the structure and on the development of products for fabric and home care (detergents and cleaners for consumer use). The aim will be to improve performance and costs implementing new technologies and materials.
What You Will Do:
• Scouting of new chemicals
• Formulation and Prototyping
• Chemical and physical characterization of products
• Stability testing of formulations
• Performance assessment of prototypes
• Link between lab tests and consumer acceptance
• Development of experimental methods for the measurement of physical, mechanical and fluid dynamic properties of material
• Design of experiments (DOE), discussion of the experimental plan, statistical analysis of data, synthesis and presentation of data, internally and externally.
• Project management
Bachelor or master’s degree in Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Physics or Chemical/Materials/Mechanical Engineering with a brilliant academic path;
• Good knowledge of English language and Italian mother tongue;
• Aptitude for teamwork and with inter-disciplinary groups, and curiosity;